Baby Dedication Standards/Modeling Christ
1) Parent (s) should have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles. This is critical to fulfilling the parental responsibility of teaching and modeling the attributes of Christ.
- “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- “Live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature…But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” (Galatians 5:16, 22-23
- “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (Deuteronomy 6:7)
- “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
- “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house…” (Malachi 3:10)
- “Every man according as he purposed in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7)
Keeping the aforementioned scriptures in mind, the Baby Dedication Counseling will proceed with not only the baby in mind but the spiritual welfare of the parents as well. When circumstances (lifestyles) do not align with the aforementioned biblical guidelines, counseling may be recommended for the parents before the Baby Dedication Ceremony is scheduled.
If you decide to continue to complete the following Baby Dedication Information form, you state that you understand the requirements. Please click here: BABY DEDICATION INFORMATION FORM